What I especially like about filtering and sorting is that the two features cooperate smoothly. Here I list a few ways you can leverage their potential:
- Filter segments for a term, and sort the displayed items by segment length.
- Add regular expressions and case sensitivity to a filter to achieve extremely accurate results for your search.
- Use the "Last changed (newest)" sort option to display the last segment you worked on, whenever you need to come back to a project that you left several days ago.
- Combine multiple filters. For example filter for segments with the term "potion", then filter again, for the term "inventory". You will get sentences containing both words: potion and inventory.
- Pre-translate the text, filter out only Pre-translated segments, sort by Match rate (higher first) and confirm all 100% matches (if there are any, and you are certain of them).
- Look for all the segments with "hlnk" tags, display only segments that contain hyperlinks and check if the addresses are correct.
- Pick the Unsuppressed warning status for filtering, and see only segments marked with QA issue lightning icons.